Twin Cedars FFA   

Click here to edit subtitle

SAE Projects and Awards

Forum Home > SAE Programs > 2013-2014 SAE Programs

Megan Anderson

What is your SAE? If you don't have one yet, such as the 7th grders, what do you plan or hope your SAE will be?

--

2013-2014 Twin Cedars FFA President

November 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Megan Anderson

My SAE is Science Fair and working at the State Fair. Through my SAE's I have learned how to do research, work with statistics, give presentations, start with a problem and through trial and error come up with a solution. I have also learned how to work with other people, and work on income and outcome of both money and a solution. My SAE's have helped me become a better speaker and has aslo helped me on doing research and working my way to finding a solution to my question being asked.

--

2013-2014 Twin Cedars FFA President

November 14, 2013 at 2:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shelby Hall

My SAE was competing in Science Fair.  I competed in Science Fair with a project called "Dry Ice Sublimaiton."  With this project, I put a little piece of dry ice in a cup of vegetable oil, a piece in Dr. Pepper, and a piece in water.  I received a high enough rating to go onto National FFA Convention.  It was fun meeting new people through Science Fair.  My SAE helped me with my speaking in front of people and helped me with doing research.

--2013-2014 Twin Cedars FFA Reporter--

February 12, 2014 at 9:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kareena Keyes

My SAE is competing in Science Fair. My friend Megan and I had a science fair project called Salt Tolerence of Grass. For our project we grew grass and put different forms of ice melts on it, to see how it affected the growth of the grass. We recieved a high enough rating that we made it to compete at National Convention. 

--2013-2013 Twin Cedars FFA Sentinel--

February 12, 2014 at 9:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mariah

My SAE is Equine, and Cattle and swine production. Through my SAE's i have learned most of all resposibility and devotion.  I have learned to have patience because when working with my livestock it takes alot of patience.  Throughout the years I have learned from experience, and each year I just get better and better. I show my horses at the County Fair and I raise cattle and pigs then sell them in the end. My SAE's have been learning experiences that have helped me to better myself.

February 12, 2014 at 9:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Logan Anderson

I am in 8th grade, therefore I do not have an SAE project. However, I will do science fair in the future as my SAE project. I hope to become a better speaker and presenter. I will be able to do research more efficently and also learn how to solve problems by trial and error.  I would also like do tractor restoration. 

February 12, 2014 at 9:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hailey Groenendyk

Im in 9th grade so I plan for my  SAE project. In the future I plan on my SAE project being sheep production.  I plan on raising and showing sheep at our local county fair and state fair.  I hope to learn more about raising sheep and the correct way to show sheep. 

February 12, 2014 at 9:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zack Goemaat

I have been in FFA since 7th grade. My SAE project since then has been equine science.  I started in 7th grade by using a horse that my parents gave me as a gift.  I have trained my horse so that I can show it in our county fairs.  I show each year at Mahaska County Fair and improve each year.  I have won 1st place in many of the events in which I compete in.  I continue to work with my horse every day.  I have started using him in rodeos as well.

February 12, 2014 at 10:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Beary

For my SAE project I plan on doing cattle production. I plan on raising them for county fair and hopefully then to state. I hope to learn more about them.  I also plan on showing rabbits for fair and improving my knowledge of them.

February 12, 2014 at 10:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Chenet

This is my first year in FFA and its been a great year already! I am choosing to do aquaculture as my SAE project. I plan on having my SAE in the classroom so I can moniter it everyday. My goal is to learn more about the fish industry and might eventually do a science fair project with my findings.

February 12, 2014 at 10:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kortney VanderLinden

My SAE is sheep production. I will raise, care for, show, sheer, and spend many hours with my sheep. I will show my sheep at the Marion County Fair, Iowa State Fair, and other sheep shows.  I will spend many hours working with my sheep and will continue to learn new and improved ways to care for them.  Having sheep production as my SAE project will teach me life long skills that I plan to use after high school as well.  My main goal is to become a vet, and using sheep will help me prepare as giving shots, medications, pulling sheep, and many other skills that will help me.  

February 12, 2014 at 11:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Blade

My current SAE project is taking care of my dog 

February 12, 2014 at 11:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

michael

My first year in ffa going to use my job as my SAE project.

Doing body work and working on car and trucks

.:D:o:o:):o:):):o:o8):mad::D

--
February 12, 2014 at 11:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jesse

My SAE project is taking care of the three horse that my horse's. I help take care of them by feeding them and watering them.  My goal to one day take over owning them. 

February 12, 2014 at 11:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Milkshake Jake

In 7th and 8th grade i chose to complete a science fair project.  This year I will be starting swine production with my own pigs.

February 12, 2014 at 11:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Big Bad Don

I have been in FFA since I was in 7th grade and my SAE project has been keeping chickens and cattle at big bad dons farm.

February 12, 2014 at 12:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Beaver slayer

Through the years I have had many SAE projects. To start things off I had chickens up until this fall. I raised them and hatched them and showed some at the county fair. Another SAE I have had it raising goats and showing them at the county fair. The final two projects that I still do are  trapping and havesting furs with coon hounds.

February 12, 2014 at 12:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BonnettBoy69er

My SAE is  dogs ive been a raising dogs since i was old enough to walk and lead a dog around. My dad and I have had about 35 or 40 dogs since then and have 7 right now.

February 12, 2014 at 12:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DeMoss69

i'm using my horses for my SAE project

February 12, 2014 at 12:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sladeolson

My SAE project is working at hy-vee distrubution center in Chariton.  I plan on learning how to communicate more efficiently.  I also plan on obtaining a good attendents record, and learning how to be self motivating.  I plan on taking the skills I have learned at this job with me after high school. 

February 12, 2014 at 2:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.